Resources for worship from home. Click on the header to open a section.
Do keep in touch, and let us know if you are in need.
Worship from home
- Rev Chris Jackson, Methodist minister on the Moray coast, is posting pre-recorded services which offer hymns, readings, prayer and reflection.
- City of Edinburgh Methodist Church starts YouTube services at 11am on Sunday 2nd August.
- Shettleston Methodist Church has live services on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnO-QR4uiYdPHHWVNsRGq6A at 11 am on Sundays.
- Inverness Methodist Church is on YouTube
- Stirling Methodist Church offer worship every Sunday at 10.30am via Zoom. If you would like to join them please email Jon for instruction on how to link to the service.
- Rev Mark Slaney, Chair of the Methodist Church in Scotland, has concluded his YouTube services. You can see previous uploads at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqMz31V_plsq89v_KXAAlCw.
- 5live@5 every Saturday at 5pm for 5 minutes - watch Rev Andrew Baker on You Tube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9aIIHxHn8Ztg5tXVMPzdqw
The Connexional website has a variety of resources.
- A Word in Time Bible Study which follows the lectionary, with background information and links to the passage as well as points to ponder.
- Read the Prayer of the Day
- Post a prayer to the Prayer Wall
- Sunday to Friday Prayers with bible passages for use each day to pray for yourself and others
- Explore some of the other Creative Prayer ideas for different ages to engage with.
- Taketime meditations are an ideal way to listen to and reflect on a bible passage, using your imagination to provide a calm, comfortable space in which to meet God.
- there are lots of podcasts available at The Methodist Podcast and Sermons from Methodist Central Hall
- the All We Can website has some great devotional materials.
- Singing the Faith has service sheets for download as well as an opportunity to draft an act of worship for use by others too.
- Resourcing Local Arrangements gives scripted services on various themes.
- The Vine Local Arrangement Services will be available free to anyone until 31st May, with shortened home versions available each Wednesday.
- Forth Valley circuit is producing weekly service sheets, as well as other resources.
- Scottish Methodists Online is a gathering place for prayer, bible reflection, worship and more, for Methodists in Scotland.
- Download the Time to Pray app, a free resource from Church House.
- Sanctuary First is a pioneer ministry in Scotland developing new ways for people to connect with God, spirituality, and one another as an authentic caring worshipping community online. They offer creative ways of using the internet to wrestle with our faith - to learn, celebrate, and find solace.
You will find great resources for use with children and families at home at:
- Anchor a free, easy to use app for creating podcasts. Families could sign up, and children and young people could create a podcast around a Bible story/passage, or offer encouragement during difficult times
- Boys Brigade resources are being provided weekly
- Care for the Family and Care for the Family: Raising Faith book
- D6 Family
- Engage Worship are offering a daily prayer and worship activity for families
- FischyMusic Youtube Channel
- GodVenture has helpful hints about faith at home.
- Going for Growth simple downloadable Worship at Home liturgy (with suggestions for creative resources) from Mary Hawes, National C&Y Adviser for Church of England
- Illustrated Ministry are offering free, reflective resources including Colouring Sheets for when you feel anxious
- Messy Church are designing sessions for use at home
- Methodist Children, Youth & Family Ministry
- Mothers’ Union: Faith in the Family
- Roots on the Web have free resources available during the Covid19
- Scottish Bible Society including Bible 2020 with downloadable apps on IOS: https://2020.bible/apple-app and Android: https://2020.bible/android-app
- The Kitchen Table Project
- We Wonder podcast offers Bible readings & reflections designed for children, with children contributing thoughts and prayers, twice a week during Lent
- Worshiping with Children are providing worship outlines and reflections on the lectionary passages through their Facebook page