The annual General Church Meeting will be held at 10.30am on Sunday 3rdJune. In preparation for this, the Minister and Church Stewards draw attention to the following points and invite us all to consider, prayerfully, the issues involved:
- we need to appoint at least 3 church stewards – it is essential that there is at least one appointed Steward named on duty each Sunday;
- holding a Service of Worship covers a range of tasks, not all of which need to be (or currently are) done by Church Stewards – it is right and good that these are shared out as far as possible and appropriate;
- a sense of “teamwork” is the right approach – whatever anyone can and does do is valuable and valued, whether they hold an “official” position or not;
- being able to offer help once or just a few times is useful – it is not necessary to be present always or often to be ‘part of a team’;
- our current numbers and other factors mean that we need to be flexible and realistic about what must, can, and cannot be done;
- representation to the Church Council is also an agenda item;
- between now and 3rdJune, further thinking and conversations will be taking place to help the GCM reach its decisions.
If you have comments or suggestions to make ahead of the GCM, please do so to Nick, Jenny, Graham, or Sue M-J. Thank you!