The recent meeting covered the following items:
- The Harvest Café Service on 29th September will be a Local Arrangement. A planning meeting for all interested will be held at 1pm Wednesday 11th September (“L”);
- Study Group meetings on “whole church basis” (ie distinct from smaller pastoral support gatherings) on Wednesdays 11th and 25th September at 7pm in the “L” shaped room. These are to conclude the” Talking of God” series.
- New study group meetings on the theme “What’s the Story?” – based on book by the President & Vice-President of Conference. These will take place on Wednesdays at 7pm in the “L” shaped room. 23rd October, 6th and 20th November, 4th December. These meetings are open to all – please contact a Church Steward if you need help with transport.
- possibility of recording sermons for those unable to attend Marketgait worship;
- next meeting – Tues 5th November at 10.15am.
The next plan is now available; several hard copies are on the vestibule table. Please sign the list there or advise David Easson if you wish a regular copy either by email or in print.
An invitation is given to all interested in our worship life to the Consultation at 1pm on Wednesday. Items to be discussed include our café harvest service (a “Local Arrangement”) at the end of September. Please give apologies and / or suggestions, material or comments about our worship to Sue C (Convener) or any Church Steward.
This year’s bible month will focus on the Letter to the Colossians. In Dundee, this will take place on Sundays 16th & 23rd June, 7th & 14th July.
There is online material, including videos, for those interested in reading round the subject.
Worship will start at 11am as usual and be in a café-style format.
General Church Meeting business includes conversation on church life, reports from the Church Stewards and Treasurer, and appointments of Church Stewards and representatives to the Church Council. Nominations should be given to the Council Secretary, Margaret Goudie, or the Minister as soon as possible, please.
There will be a lunch after worship – please bring food to share with others; please let Sue M-J know what you are offering to bring. Please also note that, as proceedings may last beyond 1pm, Council city centre parking charges apply after then.
Following on from the last church council Nick has had conversations with St Paul’s Episcopal Church. One result of this is that we have all been invited to share in the service at St Paul’s on Sunday 26 May. Nick has been invited to preach. In addition to worshipping and sharing around the Lord’s table together, this is an opportunity to build our relationships with another church.
The service on Sunday 26th May will take place at St Pauls Cathedral at 10:30am and not at Marketgait.
If the timing presents an issue for anybody because of transport please speak with a steward. There are a number of steps to the front door of the church but once inside it is level (there is an electronic stair climber available – if it is to be used prior notice is helpful).
Each year, on the first Friday in March, Christian women invite everyone to join in the world-wide chain of ecumenical Services.
This year’s theme is “Come – Everything is Ready”, using material prepared by our sisters in Slovenia.
Please look online and in local press for details of services on Friday in your local community.
The Service in Broughty Ferry will take place at 7pm in St Stephen’s and West Church, DD5 1DW.
The meeting of the worship consultation on 7th November decided
- An ‘Alternativity’ Advent Liturgy will be used during worship on Sundays from December 2nd to January 6th;
- the Tree will be erected on Friday 7th December and decorated on Saturday 8th December;
- arrangements for porch and window displays are being finalised;
- there will be no offering during worship on Christmas Day.
To mark the centenary of the end of World War I, an offering plate is available
for contributions in support of BLESMA (The Limbless Veterans) and Help for Heroes.